Make Vegan Dumplings with me! | Lunar New Year
Happy Lunar New Year! I made vegan dumplings because dumplings represent wealth for the new year! The more dumplings you eat during the New Year celebrations, the more money you can make in the New Year!
* 1 Medium Napa Cabbage
* 1 bunch of Spinach
* 1 block of extra firm tofu crumbled and fry until golden
* 15 Dried Shitake Mushroom (Soaked for 20 mins in warm water before use)
* 3 small bunches of Mung Bean Noodles (Soaked for 20 mins in warm water
* 2 Carrots shredded
* 3 cloves of garlic
* 5 TBsp Soy Sauce
* 4 TBsp Sesame Oil
* 1 TBsp Sugar
* 1 TBsp Freshly Grated Ginger or ginger powder
* 2 tsp Ground White Pepper
* 1 tsp Salt or to taste
Dumpling Wrappers - I purchased mine at the asian market (make sure ingredients don’t have egg in them)
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil.
- While the water is heating, clean and chop the cabbage into 8 wedges, spinach into 2" pieces so it's easier to blanch.
- Add the cabbage to the pot of boiling water to blanch for 10 seconds, spinach for 5 seconds. Drain and let cool. The reason the veggie has to be blanched ahead is to control how much water there is in the dumplings. By blanching, it softens the vegetables so that excess water can easily be squeezed out.
- While waiting for the veggies to cool, fry the crumbled tofu (set aside), soaked mushrooms (Squeeze the juice out) and cellophane noodles into roughly 5mm pieces. Mix all the chopped ingredients (including chopped garlic) in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the blanched veggies are cool enough to handle, chop them up into 5mm pieces then move to a nut milk bag/ laundry bag/ cheese cloth and squeeze until the veggies clump together and forms a ball without falling apart easily.
- Add the squeeze veggie to the mixing bowl and mix in the seasoning: 5 TBsp Soy Sauce 4 TBsp Sesame Oil 1 TBsp Sugar 1 TBsp freshly grated ginger 2 tsp ground white pepper 1 tsp salt (or to taste) Mix well.
- Taste to adjust accordingly!
BLOG - https://thatjenngirl.com
Instagram - @thatjennnngirl
Twitter - @thatjennnngirl
Facebook - @thatjennnngirl
TIKTOK - @thatjenngirl