"You think you know but you have no idea"
Remember that line? It was from MTV's Diary! The best episode was Christina Aguilera when she was in her "Dirrrty" phase and she would stuff her skinny face with fast food. I wanted my readers to get to know a bit more about the person behind the writing and the photos. I really enjoyed putting together these facts about me because I tried to find unique things that even my boyfriend and my closest friends wouldn't know. Enjoy!
- I’m left handed (Fun Fact: My boyfriend is left handed also!) but I do everything with my right; sports, brushing my teeth, and using a knife. The only time I use my left hand for is writing and eating. My mom is the complete opposite of me, she was born left handed but was forced to become right handed, so she is right handed only with writing and eating and left handed with everything else.
- I’m scared of butterflies - I was maid of honor and had to release butterflies during the ceremony and my heart was racing because I was so terrified.
- I was raised in a chinese restaurant. My family has had a restaurant in the Napa Valley since I was 2 years old. My brother and I would play out front and inside the restaurant everyday until we were old enough to stay home after school. Sometimes random people would come up to me and say "Hey! I remember you when you were little playing at the chinese restaurant!" If you’re ever in the area check it out! @GoldenharvestSH
- I had a blog called “Chiu on this” - where I ranted about working in the service industry, it was funny but I didn’t keep it up. I don’t think anyone ever read it but it was a good creative outlet for me.
- I’m really shy - I’ve always been shy ever since I was a little girl. I remember in when I was in kindergarten I wouldn’t talk to anyone. I forced myself to do cheerleading to get myself out of my shell, and working in the service industry definitely helped. Now I would call myself socially awkward.
- I have a Bachelor's degree in International Business - I went to San Francisco State University. I lived in San Francisco for a year and moved back home my final year of college, I woke up at 6am and came back home around 11pm for classes two days a week and worked 10 hour days at the restaurant 5 days a week. No days off. But I did it!
- I was on a bowling league for five years - My average was 143 and my highest score ever was 232. When I worked at Golden Harvest, it was my life and all I ever did. My hours were from 10am - 10pm five days a week. So I wanted to add something new and fun into my work week, so I joined the mixed trio league Wednesday nights.
- I’ve been vegetarian since 2010 - I gave up meat with a friend for lent as moral support and when 40 days were up I just kept going. That’s when I started losing weight and educating myself about why I shouldn't eat animals.
- I don’t have any tattoos - My mama always said "Don't damage the body I gave you". I have my ears pierced, but my mom did them for me when I was a baby. So technically I’ve never gotten a piercing or a tattoo.
- I was a dancer for 8 years - I did cheerleading and jazz dance since I was 11 and quit second semester senior year (which I regret) because I wanted freedom my last semester of high school.
- I have scoliosis - I remember in middle school P.E. they would do the test where you bend forward with arms straight and your hands together, and I would always get pulled aside. I didn’t understand what this was and every year thereafter I would try to straighten my back to try to fool the nurse but nope, I really have scoliosis.